To keep aluminum laptops away from scratches is nearly impossible.
You have to take care of it from the first day by putting on a protective cover or keep in it’s terrible but, It is still inevitable to save it from scratches here and there.
How to Remove Scratches from Aluminum Laptop & Macbooks
It can be frustrating to have a scratched laptop it gives a clumsy look. Do not worry here are a few simple and easy ways to remove those nasty scratches.
1: Remove Scratches Using Scratch Remover
- EASY CLEAN. Microfiber side of the screen cleaner ball removes stubborn marks. Use the terry cloth side to remove dust, fingerprints and smudges.
- EASY USE. Easy wipe across your screen. No need to scrub or apply pressure to remove grubby marks.
- MULTI-PURPOSE. Ideal for touchscreen mobiles, mac, android tablets, and PC monitors, even your spectacles!
- CHEMICAL-FREE. Free of chemicals and no use of nasty liquids, it’s the best solution to achieving clean, streak-free surfaces. Anti-allergenic and eco-friendly.
- PORTABLE. Never put up with a dirty screen. Tuck the screen cleaners into your backpack, briefcase or handbag. Convenient key chain to attach one essential screen cleaner with your keys. You will never leave home without it!
Buy a scratch remover it is in the form of polish. Clean the surface with a soft lint-free cloth where there are scratches.
Now put the polish on the scratch surface. Rub it on in a circular motion on the surface. Along with the circular motion apply an ample amount of pressure as well.
You have to repeat the process more than once I will suggest repeating until you feel it has worked the best for you.
The polish works best on uncolored scratches, not black scuff marks, but they won’t erase all traces of a scratch, although they improve the appearance.
2: Removing Scratches With Plastic Polish
- A POWERFUL SCREEN CLEANER specifically designed to clean all your smartphones & consumer electronic screens and make them shine like new!
- ODORLESS FORMULA – Use Screen Shine at home, at work, or on the road. WHOOSH will not harm you, your family or our environment. Plus, it’s alcohol and ammonia-free.
- GOOD FOR ALL SCREENS – Screen Shine is specifically designed to clean, polish, and protect any cell phone screen and electronic device. There are no ingredients that will etch, scratch, or damage any screen or device.
- MAKES YOUR SCREEN 99.99% CLEANER – Proven to leave your screen surface 99.99% clean of dust, dirt, oil and gunk. That’s really clean!
- NOW WITH A NEW BOTTLE , IMPROVED PACKAGING AND REDUCED PRICE – Leak Free Bottle, improved packaging for online shipments. Includes 3.4oz + 0.3oz bottles + 3 (Three) 6 x 6 cloths
If you cannot find the scratch remover, then the plastic polish is your friend it will do the job of smoothing the surface of the laptop.
Clean the surface of your laptop thoroughly with a solution of water and dish soap and dry it with a lint-free cloth/ linen.
Put the polish on the cloth and slowly rub it on the lid. Make sure you cover all the surface and rub it in every direction to make the surface smooth again. Now clean the surface with a clean cloth.
3: Car Scratch Remover:
- REMOVE PAINT DEFECTS: The ultimate product for removing oxidation, scratches, water spots, and blemishes without scratching
- BEST CAR SCRATCH REMOVER: Cuts as fast as harsh abrasives restoring surface clarity without scratching or swirling
- SAVES TIME: The clear coat safe formula dramatically reduces the time and effort to restore abused or neglected paint finishes
- STUNNING FINISH: Exclusive micro-abrasive technology leaves a like-new finish and adds gloss in one easy step
- SAFE FOR CLEAR COAT: Safe and effective on clear coat and single-stage paints, and can be applied by hand or dual action polisher like Meguiars MT300 Dual Action Polisher
- Note: Kindly follow the directions on the label of the bottle
You can also use a car scratch remover as well. It is the fastest and easiest way.
Check it first by using a cotton bud with the scratch remover and then the rubbing compound against a small hidden part of your laptop to see if it works for you.
The car scratch remover can be a little harder for your laptop surface so I would suggest using it on the smaller surface for a trial. If you are happy with the result, then go for it.
Yes, you read it right toothpaste can erase the small minimal scratches. You have to use actual toothpaste, not gel-based toothpaste.
5: Magic Erasers:
- WHILE SOME OTHER ERASER SPONGES are too small, don’t work, or simply fall apart, we raised the bar and designed our eraser sponges to be extra thick for long-lasting cleaning power. With premium-quality melamine foam and incredible density, Oh My Clean eraser sponges easily lift away scuffs and grime, every time.
- JUST ADD WATER TO ERASE – Put away that smelly bleach. Say no to abrasive, corrosive chemicals. Grab the gentle and effective cleaning alternative. Simply wet with water, squeeze and wipe, letting the eraser do the work. It’s that easy.
- TRUSTED BY PROFESSIONAL CLEANERS – Whether you have an occasional mark or a large cleaning company, you will enjoy the incredible value of our eraser bulk packs. Why spend a fortune on sponges? Stock up, save, and be prepared for any cleaning job.
- MULTI-PURPOSE CLEANER – Our unique sponges effortlessly cut through grease, soap scum and “permanent” marks. Use in your kitchen, bathroom, walls, doors, floors, shower, bath, tub, shoes, car, toilet, sink, and more – without the scrubbing and elbow grease.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – If you are not absolutely thrilled with your Oh My Clean Eraser Sponges, return them for a full refund. No questions asked. We stand behind the quality of our products and are confident you will LOVE your eraser sponges.
A magic eraser works like wet sandpaper. It may not look very abrasive, but actually, it is to be very gentle while using this product. Try to use round motions and apply gentle pressure to smooth out any scratches.
It is the perfect size to maneuver around on the crevices to get out small scratches.
You can use this method to erase the scratches from your MacBook.
6: Baking Soda Method:
Baking soda can use as a scratch remover.
(Editor Tip: For this method, you be using water to make the mixture so be careful not to damage the device with water)
Here is how this works:
• Take two parts baking soda and one part water in a bowl.
• Mix until it becomes a thick paste.
• Apply the dough to a clean, soft cloth and gently rub in a circular motion on to the scratches.
• Now wipe your screen with a fresh, slightly dampened cloth to remove any excess from the surface.
I hope you have found a solution to your problem. I have mentioned many options. I would suggest that you try the home solutions first then go for more market products. Whatever method you are seeking, make sure you do not damage the laptop.