There are some laptops available in the market, but not every product can fulfill the need for a Laptop for Software Engineering Students and their programming or coding work on a laptop. So first you need to clarify the term software engineering.
Software engineering refers to building or modifying the performance of computer software. These include designing new computer software or developing and maintaining specific software. And all these processes are done through coding.
Also, many software engineering students or professionals are testing or evaluating computer software — the processes through which these operations can be done mostly known as HTML, CSS, and PHP.
Best Laptop for Software Engineering Students 2021
I have researched the Best laptop for Software engineering students, and listed the excellent devices with different price and specification ranges, but first, you should know about the configurations. Then you can select the best laptop.
1: Apple MacBook Pro (Best Laptops for Software Engineers)
Apple MacBook Pro Review:
Processor – Intel Core i7
Apple uses a core i7 processor in this Mac book pro. It beat the previous versions because of its high-end usage. The capacity of this processor as the frequency of this processor is 2.8GHz. And you can do any heavy functions with no trouble.
Intel makes the transistors in this processor less in size to consume low power and give you faster performance.
Ram – 16GB SD Ram
The use of SD ram in the MacBook is due to the high performance in collaboration with the i7 processor. SD ram enables your laptop to store in-progress data with double speed than normal ram.
Storage – 512GB SSD
The use of SSD if to access your data in much less time, and with low power consumption. This storage is designed to connect with your main laptop board directly and does not use them too much power. Also, it loads quickly in seconds.
Graphics Card Unit – GEFORCE GTX 750M
GEFORCE GTX 750M is the well-known graphics card unit and launched in 2013. This is having the capacity of 941MHz frequency to operate your performance. The power used by this GPU is 50w at max.
Display – 15” MacBook Pro Retina Screen
This MacBook has a retina display, that is built with double pixel density as compared to previous traditional screens. You will feel the real-time effects on such a great display.
Mac Cam – 720P HD Face Time Webcam
Face time is the application discovered by Apple. This is the built-in application in all iPhone devices. You can call audio or video to someone through your Wi-Fi in any apple device. This works on cellular data or your Wi-Fi connection.
This Mac book is not only giving you the HD webcam but also it comes with a built-in face time application, which makes life much easier to contact anyone.
The battery life of this MacBook is round about eight hours. So it benefits the software engineering students to bring with themselves in class and work over there for long hours.
This MacBook is a refurbished product not by Apple manufacturers, but the Amazon refurbished product. Amazon gives you this product with a supplier back warranty starting with 90days.
Amazon tested the device and diagnosed the hardware and software if any issue found, then they will replace the old with new configurations.
2: Newest HP SPECTRE x360-13t (Best 2 In 1 Laptop for Software Engineers)
Processor – Intel Core i7-8550U
Intel has upgraded the processor in the 8th generation by keeping the power in low mode, and making faster the performance. This processor is Quad cores to process your data.
For the students of software engineering, this is the best choice that they have to do more work in less time, and this processor can do that.
Ram – 16GB LPDDR3
The ram used in this device is 16GB. And the ram put in this laptop is LPDDR3, which is capable of multi-tasking at the same time. And this is the need for software engineering students, that they are doing too many tasks every time on their laptop.
Storage – 512 GB SSD
512GB of SSD storage is much enough for software students to save their data. The benefit of SSD is that it will not consume too much power as compared to hard disk drives.
Also, it is having a fast transfer rate and keeps your data secure.
GPU – Intel UHD Graphics 620
This laptop is having built-in graphics from the Intel manufacturers. That helps you to control and assist more graphical heavy software.
Operating System – Windows 10 64 bit
This system is available with the Windows 10 based on 64 bits. A 64-bit operating system makes able your laptop to install and run heavy software.
Display – 13.3 Inches, Corning Gorilla Glass Touch Screen
This laptop gives you the full HD IPS Corning gorilla glass screen. The corning gorilla glass can resist scratches, and if it falls then also help you to protect it from damages.
2 in 1 Convertible
This is the latest and smart feature of this laptop that you can use it in any position you want. Also, it can be converted to a tablet mode without a keyboard. And then you use the touchscreen to operate the laptop instead of a keyboard.
3: ASUS ROG G7031GI (Expensive Laptop for Software Engineers)
ASUS ROG G7031GI Desktop Review:
Processor – Intel Core i7-8750H
The processor in this laptop is Intel 8th generation, and the model is i7-8750H. This processor is the latest generation and having a faster working capacity with low power.
This is the best processor for high-end usage. This also supports up to the Core i9, which is the highest configurations in today’s range. And this laptop is highly recommended for software engineering students.
Ram – DDR4 32 GB
This is too much storage for your working data and will lead the processor to work fluently. This is the best and latest collection on this laptop.
This ram has too much memory, and also it can save your battery power as compared to the previous versions.
Storage – Hybrid Drive
This laptop is having two types of storage built-in. One is 512GB PCI-E SSD, and the other one is 1TB SSHD.
PCIe SSD has the extra high-speed enlargement to attach your laptop to its peripherals while the SSHD can work five times faster than a normal hard drive.
GPU – NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080
As everything in this laptop is high end and the latest technology. The GPU is also from the latest and high end. It will work just perfectly for you.
As you are a student of software engineering, then you have to run heavy software or gaming for fun. These graphics will handle all very easily.
Display – 17.3 Inches G Sync
G-Sync screen is the best as they are heaving the more resolution up to 4k. and also the refresh rate is very high up to 244HZ. It means that your laptop is changing 244 frames in a second and giving you the highest resolutions.
4: Acer Predator Helios 300 (Best Gaming Laptop For Software Engineers)
Acer Predator Helios 300 Review:
Processor – Intel Core i7-7700HQ
This is the Intel production from the 7th generation of processors. This processor is based on the 64-bit quad-core with high-end performance. And the highest frequency range of this processor is 3.8GHz.
Ram – 16 GB DDR4
To provide the data in the process to a processor, this laptop has the 16 GB DDR4 ram. This is the best collection to work with the i7 processor in collaboration. This is enough storage for high-end processing performance.
Storage – SSD 256 GB
The data storage space in this laptop is 256GB as SSD. SSD makeable your laptop work faster, and in less time with low power consumption.
This laptop also gives you a built-in empty expandable hard drive storage. But the hard drive is available for 2.5” only.
GPU – NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060
To handle your graphical work, this laptop contains the NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 graphics card unit. This graphics card will help you in most of the high-end software or games.
Also, this GPU has built-in cooling technology. For the students of software engineering, this type of technology is best to select because they mostly work for more hours on heavy software.
Display – 15.6 Inches, Full HD IPS
The display in this laptop is IPS full HD, and the size is 15.6 inches. This will give you a widescreen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. This can handle resolutions up to this range.
Operating System – Windows 10-64 bit
This laptop is based on Windows 10-64 bit operating system. The operating system in this laptop is 64 bit, because of its high-end specifications and usage.
5: Apple MacBook Air (Best Mac For Software Engineering Students)
Apple MacBook Air Review:
Processor – Dual-Core Intel i7
Apple uses the dual-core processor of Intel production. This dual-core has the more capacity to work as four cores; this is the quality based processors used by Apple to handle your process.
This processor has more clock speed. And the benefit of this processor is that it saves your battery power, and also creates low heat as compared to others.
RAM – 8 GB Capacity
In most of the cases for the students of software engineering, 8 GB of ram is enough. You can do many operations fluently on them. But you have also look at the brand name, the APPLE, so this name is enough to look at the performance.
Storage – 128 GB SSD
Keeping in view the above collection of ram and processor in this mac book, the memory for data storage as SSD is 128 GB. That is the best combination, and it won’t lead you to complications, but you can work on them with no trouble.
GPU – Intel HD Graphics 6000
Don’t be confused; I am telling you the software engineers you are. Look at the Apple target market. They are targeting the professionals, the filmmakers, the video editors, the software makers.
So you don’t need to worry about that these graphics are enough to handle your workload conveniently.
Battery life – 12 hours
As I already told you that look at the Apple target market. They are manufacturing most of the products for professionals, and professionals like software engineers also spend too much time on the laptop.
This Mac book is giving you a long life of about 12 hours.
6: Asus Zen Book UX330UA-AH54 (Cheap Laptop for Software Engineers)
Asus Zen Book UX330 Review:
Processor – Intel Core i5-7200U
This ASUS ZEN Book is equipped with the 7th generation i5-7200U processor. These processors were launched by Intel in 2016. These are the midrange performance processors based on 64 bit.
This processor can operate up to 3.1 GHz turbo boost frequency. The TDP of this processor is 15 W.
Ram – DDR3 8 GB
As the ram is used to run the system memory to process, you work on the processor. DDR3 can save your laptop battery power up to 30 percent, and also perform the double speed of the previous version.
Storage – 256 GB SSD
To store your data in system memory, this ASUS has 256 GB SSD. SSD basically use to faster the performance of laptops as well as low power.
This collection is best to use a laptop for long hours while running heavy software.
Operating System – Windows 10
This ASUS is based on Microsoft Windows 10-64 bit. This is a pre-installed window in your laptop and the manufacturer has paid for it to Microsoft.
The reason behind this operating system is that it makes you able to install and run heavy software. You can also multitask each time with no trouble.
Display – 13.3 Inches Full HD LCD
The display size is 13.3 inches and full HD LCD. The LCD will give you the perfect quality picture, and also it is reliable. This type of display makes your laptop reasonable in the price range.
Security System – Finger Print Scanner
This laptop is available in the market with a built-in fingerprint scanner. That keeps your laptop secure. You can access the windows using the fingerprint scanner with just one touch.
Thing Need to Know About Best Laptop for Software Engineering Students
Starting from the very basic component of a laptop. This shows you how much your laptop can work on, and also how much time it will take to process your data. And especially in laptops how much power it needs to work on the computer.
The reason behind this to discuss CPU functions with you is that it directly depends on the performance and price of the laptop.
The CPU contains the following components that must be considered while buying a laptop for programming or computer software.
The processor is the main unit to process your data. There are competing companies in the market; you have to select the processor with efficient performance and also in a reasonable price range.
If you select a laptop with an excellent processor, then you will be able to do programming work in less time.
Ram is abbreviated as Random access memory, and the function of ram is that it allows your processor to work conveniently.
You have to keep in mind that always selects the combination of ram and processor that are relevant, while the wrong combinations will lead you to the complexities.
Data Storage Units
There are different types of storage for laptop, to keep your data secure, and also to work on those data.
The previous era contains the HDD; abbreviated as hard disk drives. They are having a lot of capacity to store your data as 1 TB, 2 TB and so on. But there is a problem with that, it stores a lot of data, but when you are running these data on the system, it takes time and also consumes more power.
To solve these issues data storage manufacturers build simple and fast processing data storage as SSD; abbreviated as Solid-state drives. These are not having too much storage space but can be connected to your laptop through a single chip.
It saves your data protected, and also do not take time to load. And for software engineering students it is necessary to save time and energy because they have to spend too much time while working on computer software.
GPU – Graphics Processing Unit
Most of the laptops in today’s market is having built-in graphics. But to run the high-end software like coding and programming you need to have an extra coprocessor in the laptop, so that makes you able to do more graphical work on.
While the built-in processor can do a single task and the GPU will lead you to do multi-tasking each time.
It also gives you a real feel by display resolution. Because in software engineering many times you should work on graphical software, like video production or games. So it needs high graphics on your laptop.
The battery life of the laptop is a very important factor because this is the unique feature that with portable power, you can take your laptop everywhere and can work on it.
You need to have long battery life in the laptop for software engineering students. The purpose behind this is that; these students spend most of the time to spend on a laptop and build or maintain computer software through coding.
Extra Features in Laptop
There are also extra attractive features on a laptop. You have to consider that you can decide the price range and your requirements.
These include body cover, display size, fingerprint, ergonomic specifications, and other accessories.
These factors directly impact the price range of the laptop, so you have to look at these on a different laptop.
To find out the best laptop for software engineering students it is a hard mission to select the best collection. Because you have to do multiple tasks each time on your laptop. And for this reason, you must have to select the high-end laptop that will help you to save your time and also gives you great performance.
You have to keep an eye on the two main things while buying the best laptop. The first one is the performance and the second one is the performance of the device. Now it’s a little bit easy to select a device.
First, you have to look at your need; that is the high-end laptop. The second one is the price range you can afford.
There is the best laptop in the above-explained lists with different price ranges and configurations. Now it depends upon your selection. If you can afford it expensively, then don’t think and select a high-end laptop.
If you are having financial problems yet, and in student life, everyone faces these, so my recommendations are that; Always cut your coat according to clothes.
Check out these great models available on the market:
- 【AMD A6-9220e 】 AMD A6 APU handles the AMD Radeon graphics alongside the central processor to balance the load, enabling great performance, rapid...
- 【14" Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution】 Energy-efficient LED backlight. AMD Radeon R4. 802.11ac wireless LAN; 2 x USB 3.0, 1 HDMI 1.4; 1...
- 【4GB RAM & 64GB eMMC】Providing enhanced storage capabilities, streamlined data management, quick boot-up times and support for high-definition...
- 【Portable and Swift & GM Bundle】 Weighs 3.09 lbs. and measures 0.8" thin, ultrathin and ultralight for maximum portability, featuring a smaller...
- Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that...
- 15.6 inch wide-view 4K UHD 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with 92% screen to body ratio
- Innovative ScreenPad: 5.65-inch interactive touchscreen trackpad that adapts to your needs for smarter control and multitasking
- Latest 10th generation Intel Core i7-10510U Quad Core Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.9 GHz) with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q discrete graphics
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD and 16GB RAM
- Works with Amazon Alexa Voice Service that helps you with tasks, entertainment, general information, and more.
- 【14" HD Multitouch Screen】Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Touch, tap, glide and make the most of Windows 10. Energy-efficient WLED backlight....
- 【10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1】Experience power and responsive performance to boost your productivity. Enjoy immersive entertainment and game,...
- 【8GB system memory for advanced multitasking】Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications,...
- 【Upgraded Storage to 256GB SSD】While offering less storage space than a hard drive, a flash-based SSD has no moving parts, resulting in faster...
- You may switch to regular windows 10: Press "Start button" bottom left of the screen; Select "Settings" icon above "power" icon;Select Update &...
- Get high performance when you need it – The Chromebook C330 boots up in seconds and features easy-to-use Chrome OS, plenty of memory and storage,...
- Sleek, stylish, and secure, this 360⁰ convertible laptop is less than 1-inch thin and about the weight of a hardback book, with an 11-inch...
- The Lenovo Chromebook C330 is easy to use, offers built-in virus protection and keeps going with long battery life. No setup needed – Just login...
- Built to connect, this notebook computer includes a variety of USB ports for effortless connectivity. Plus, stay in touch with the built-in camera....
- Users love it; "High end features for a low price," says one happy reviewer. Another adds, "This Chromebook has far exceeded my expectations. The...
- Sleek design and standout value. At just 2.44 pounds, it’s light, portable, and easy to keep by your side throughout the day.
- Be productive, browse, and binge watch on the 12.4” PixelSense touchscreen display.
- Convenient security with Windows Hello sign-in, plus Fingerprint Power Button with Windows Hello and One Touch sign-in on select models.
- Run your favorite apps and keep up on social media with a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor.
- Show your best side on video calls, meetings, and virtual get-togethers with the built-in 720p HD camera.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8565u Processor (Up to 4. 6GHz), 16GB onboard DDR4 Dual Channel Memory & 512GB Pie NV Me SSD
- 15. 6 Inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS Multi-Touch Display
- Back-lit keyboard, Intel Wireless-AC 9560 802. 11AC Gigabit Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 5. 0
- 1 - USB Type-C ports USB 3. 1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gaps) DisplayPort over USB Type-C & USB charging, 2 - USB 3. 0 port (one featuring power-off charging) &...
- Windows 10 Home & 3-cell Li-ion (4670 mAh) battery, Up to 10 hours Battery Life
- Blaze through games and content creation - Nvidia geforce gtx 1650 ti 4gb vram graphics, quad-core 11th gen intel core i7-1165g7 processor, and 16gb...
- Designed for mobility: Ultra-thin, light and incredibly durable with a cnc unibody aluminum frame and long battery life.
- 120hz full HD thin bezel display: Super-fast 120hz full HD display that enables smooth visuals in games, with 100% sRGB color space.
- Razer chroma keyboard and precision touchpad: keyboard featuring single-zone rgb lighting with 16.8 million color options, and a precision glass...
- Complete connectivity — Includes thunderbolt 4, USB-C, USB-A, wireless AX, HD webcam utilizing windows hello, and 4-array mics.
- 【SUPER CPU & STORAGE】This Windows 10 laptop 8gb ram comes with Intel x64-based Celeron Quad Core processor, 8GB DDR3 Memory 128GB solid state...
- 【LARGE SCREEN】15.6 inch Full HD display provides wider view, rich colors and clear text. 15.6" 1920*1080 resolution led screen breaks the low-end...
- 【MULTIPLE INTERFACES】This MANJEE 15.6 inch Windows laptop equips with 1 x ultra-fast USB3.0, 1 x USB2.0, 1 x mini HDMI, and 1 x headphone jack...
- 【ENERGY SAVING】10000mAh large-capacity battery provides you long battery life. When you are not beside the laptop 15.6 inch for a long time, the...
- 【SLEEK MINIMALIST DESIGN】webcam (locates at the bottom-left corner or the top middle side of the screen), chocolate keyboard, smooth touchpad,...