Core i7 8700k is indeed one of the best processors in the market, thanks to it for providing us with high-end performance. All of its features are useful. Overclockability is great. Long story short, it is the beast! No matter if you are into gaming or high productivity tasks like editing, etc., it proves itself to be the best among all other Processors.
But we have a problem here that most of you are aware of, The heating problem. Here things get a little muddy because when you overclock it or put more load on it, it overheats. No one likes overheating, and therefore we have to take some measures to prevent it.
In this article, I’m going to list some of the best air and liquid coolers that are going to change your life with the best of properties. You can rely on them for the best performance of i7 8700k.
First, let me guide you a little about the Air and liquid coolers along with the advantages and disadvantages they have. Let’s dive right in! Liquid Coolers:
Liquid Coolers are compact and efficient. They can fit in almost all the Processors. They made of a cold plate, radiator, fans, and pipes. They are the most common among people nowadays. If you want to know how they work, you can search it on YouTube; they have a very detailed approach there. Let’s now straight up jump to the advantages and disadvantages of liquid coolers.
Advantages of Liquid Coolers
- Excellent temperatures
- Less background noise
Disadvantages of Liquid Coolers
- Might cause leaking
The performance of air coolers is unbeatable. They are economical as compared to liquid coolers. They usually come in big sizes, so make sure to have the space saved up for them. Otherwise, you will be in a problem. They made of cold plate, heat pipes, fans, and fins. Again, you can go to YouTube for a detailed explanation of Air coolers.
Advantages of Air Coolers
- High price to performance ratio
- Easy to setup
- Requires less maintenance
- No-fuss around pipes
Disadvantages of Air Coolers
- Not very efficient as Liquid coolers
- Slightly higher temperatures
- Large in size
Now that I have listed all the ups and downs of both the air coolers and the water coolers, it’s totally up to you to buy the one which fits your needs. Your setup might require the air cooler or the liquid cooler.
Author’s Top Recommendation:
If you don’t want to go through the whole article. Let me make everything easy for you by telling you the Cooler that I would have selected for my i7 8700k without any second thought. If you are into buying an Air cooler, then check out the Noctua NH-D15. It will exceed your expectations in every possible way. It will keep your CPU cool under heavy loads. It can fit any socket. The build quality is fantastic. It loved by many of its users.
Now coming towards the liquid coolers, I would recommend the ARCTIC Liquid Freezer 240. Its performance is topnotch. It is tranquil. The fans are excellent. The installation is straightforward. It can fit most of the cases. The thermal paste also included. Adapters for fans provided. What more do you want? It’s the best option.
Below, I have mentioned 6 air coolers and 6 liquid coolers, all of them are of topnotch quality. Just get the one you like the most. Let’s start the review with the Air Coolers.
6 Best Air Cooler For I7 8700k and 7700k
1: Cooler Master RR-212S-20PK-R1 Hyper 212 Black Edition CPU Air Cooler
It’s a pleasure to begin my discussion with this masterpiece. Cool master is one of the most famous brands for computer accessories. This cooler allows the best results even under heavy loads. Talking about the installation problems we face in most of the coolers, it offers the best and easiest installation.
The direct contact technology is a game-changer here; it uses the 4 heat pipes which are efficient in dissipating the heat away. The fin array ensures a better surface area for the heat resistance. The nickel-plated blackfins are also present here for the better distribution of heat. The fan design allows the best heat circulation.
Along with all these facilities, we also have a smart fan sensor, which takes away all the tension of cables getting messy. The cooling performance is, no doubt, the best. The looks of this cooler are killer! It will surely give your system an aesthetic look. Furthermore, noiseless compared to other Coolers.
2: Noctua NH-D15 Premium CPU Cooler with 2 x NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fans
Another air cooler that wins to be on my list is not other than Noctua NH-D15. This cooler can meet the highest demands of load and Overclocking. It has 2 NF-A15 fans who have the capability of automatic speed control. This efficiency is improved. It has got 6 heat pipes that provide more surface area and therefore better heat distribution.
The installation is easy; the performance is excellent, and so is the craftsmanship. It works in such low noise that you might be surprised. The high RAM compatibility in single fan mode provides clearance for tall memory heat sinks.
It can fit different socket types, which is the best thing about it. The build quality is excellent. With this cooler, you can enjoy your tasks without the heating of the system. It fits pretty easily with every system. It will keep your order stable and safe. It has got a rate of 4.8 out of 5 on Amazon, so clearly it’s a pretty good choice.
3: Cryorig H7 Tower Cooler
When you’re thinking of the best cooler that can run your processor cool, then the name which pops immediately in mind is the Cryorig H7. The fin system it has is the best for the airflow making the system cool no matter how much load put On it. The air turbulence reduced. They have added the surface area for effective heat dissipation.
The Jet fin Acceleration system TM and the structural game here is giving a tough time to other coolers in the market. The 3 straight copper pipes are there in this cooler. It runs quietly.
The looks of this cooler are aesthetic. It gives an exquisite look to your setup. In this price range, this cooler is a step up from every other cooler of the same price. Along with all these, it fits nicely. Installation is straightforward and easy. The build quality is excellent. The cooling it provided is incomparable.
4: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, BK022, 250W TDP, CPU Cooler
One of the best coolers for i7 8700k is the Dark Rock Pro 4. You can expect a lot of great things from this cooler. Let’s start with the 2 virtually inaudible Wings PMW fans. Air coolers are loud usually, but this one comes with the advantage of being quiet. The build quality is the finest.
Dark Rock Pro 4 provides excellent performance with a rating of 250W TDP and helps to achieve low temperatures even when the CPU is under high loads. It equipped with 7 copper heat pipes that are of excellent build quality and help to maximize heat conductance.
The cooling fins come with small dots on them, which helps to increase the circulation of air. A perfect transfer of heat this cooler provides. It also contains 2 aluminum heat sinks. It enhances the RAM compatibility. 2 fans are already present however you can also add another fan for better performance. It provides a very user-friendly elegance.
The installation is straightforward. This cooler will surely exceed your expectations. It will give you no problems at all. It’s one of the Best coolers that you can rely on, no matter if you are into Overclocking or any other heavy-duty task.
5: MSI Cooling Core Frozr XL
MSI has been serving us with its amazing products, and this MSI Cooling Core is no less. It uses a solid nickel-plated copper baseplate which is in heat dissipation, therefore keeping your system fresh. You can use this cooler without any issues.
We have a higher number of heat pipes here, which is getting the game stronger. The aluminum fins come with the airflow control technology. It can dissipate up to 250W of heat from your CPU. Frozr XL uses a thermal compound for better performance. It also comes with adjustable fans, which makes it of great value.
Another thing which was not in the coolers above is the RGB mystic light. It looks like the refrigerator, and you can match your vibe. This cooler will take everything under control, whether you are gaming or Overclocking. It is a perfect Cooler, and you should go for it if you want to make your i7 8700k cool!
6: DeepCool RGB CPU Cooler 4 Heat pipes 120mm
The last one on my list of best air coolers for i7 8700k is the DeepCool RGB CPU cooler. The response got when it was released tremendous. This cooler comes with all the fantastic features that also include RGB lighting.
The full compatibility of RGB lighting makes it win the situation. The cooling performance is exceptional if you compare it with other coolers.
DeepCool RGB CPU Cooler based on 4 copper heat pipes and the improved fans. It works in a tranquil atmosphere and provides maximum heat dissipation. It is effortless to use and install. And apart from all these things, this cooler also gives us reliability. It will make your Overclocking easy.
This cooler works just great even under heavy load. It gives a perfect look to your setup with it’s RGB. It is worth the dollars. It makes you free of any extra vibration, noise, or turbulence.
This was all about the Air coolers, now let’s come towards the liquid coolers.
6 Best Liquid CPU Cooler For I7 8700K and 7700k
1: CORSAIR HYDRO Series H150i PRO RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
The first liquid cooler for i7 8700k we have on our list is none other than CORSAIR HYDRO H150i. The performance we have here is tremendous. The best thing in this cooler is the water block which makes the performance so much better. The magnetic levitation fans work noiselessly. They provide incredible airflow. Your experience with this fan will never disappoint you.
The radiator is slim, and you won’t have any issues with clearance. This cooler knows how to do its job. The zero RPM cooling profiles allow fans to stop entirely at low temperatures. The RGB lighting is cool.
The powerful software of this cooler helps you with everything. The advance pump speed control option maximizes the performance and allows you unlimited opportunities to play with your computer. It is effortless to install and use. The style of this cooler upgraded, and it will make your system look classy. It delivers excellent performance. What’s more, there is a substantial Overclocking headroom available.
Give it a go and get your hands on this fantastic product ASAP!
2: Corsair CO-9050067-WW HD Series
Another more aloof from Corsair has made it to our list of Best coolers for i7 8700k. No doubt, Corsair provides the best
Refrigerators in the market. The high static pressure offers improved performance over standard case fans. Now many people are worried about the noise that coolers make, but you don’t have to worry about this thing, because it has got you covered. The fan blades are ultra-thin, which makes sure less noise, less vibration, and less turbulence.
We have a new thing here that is the 3 button controller; it helps you to control the lighting effects, speeds, and individual RGB lights. These fans look so great and fresh. As far as the performance is concerned, you don’t need to worry about that.
Overall, Corsair CO-9050067-WW is one of the best coolers you can buy in the market. This cooler can boost up your mood with its lights. You can also respond to the temperature of any component you want. The airflow is. I highly recommend this cooler if you are all into looks plus performance.
3: EVGA CLC 240mm All in one RGB LED CPU Liquid cooler
EVGA is known for the longest time for providing us high components we need in daily life. Talking about this cooler, it gives us the best performance.
The cooling performance is excellent, and because of this cooler, you can deal with your CPU with total ease. It provides incredible cooling efficiency.
It comes with fans that are cool and prevent all the noise. The unique blade design of these fans ensures the best cooling. They based on the Teflon Nano bearings which provide the long life of these fans.
The software it features helps you take full control of everything in your cooler. Be it fan speed, RGB lighting, or pump control.
Super quality is what we get when we buy this cooler. It works excellent with i7 8700k like it is made just for it. This is a great cooler, and you should look into this one. The performance is exceptional, and that is all you need.
4: NZXT Kraken X72 360mm All in One RGB CPU Liquid Cooler
NZXT Kraken X72 is perfect when it comes to cooling the i7 8700k. It has one of the most advanced controls. This cooler is sleek and looks great. The CAM’s software interface allows us to make sure that the performance is outstanding.
This cooler is redesigned to ensure that you get the best performance. The fans, the radiator and the pump, each thing is renewed.
The pump featured in this cooler is quiet even under heavy loads. The design is made to keep the efficiency of your priority. The icing on the cake is the reduced temperatures. It is a great cooler.
NZXT Kraken offers us some high performance. With this cooler, you can overclock i7 8700k, and it will be as cold as ice. Easy to install, this cooler can fit in any system. It can work with any other Processor and still work great. With this cooler, you get decent speeds with the right temperatures.
5: Thermaltake Floe Triple Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Addition
Well, who won’t fall in love with this extraordinary cooler which makes the i7 8700k, the ideal CPU. This liquid cooler is everything you need.
Starting from the patented Ring plus RGB software which helps us in so many ways; from changing the light modes to the speeds and colors and brightness. Everything has become so easy because of this software.
What’s more? We also have here voice control. The RGB lights are extraordinary, which can change the whole mood. The high-efficiency radiator is there for all the cooling requirements. The high-performance water block and pump adds up to the cooling.
In Thermaltake Floe Triple Riing we can also adjust the fan speed, and it also allows us to turn the fans to the silent mode. It also lets us know when operating issues occur so that we can identify what’s the problem before everything gets messy.
6: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer 240
This liquid Cooler solely made for extreme cooling conditions. Now you don’t have to worry about the heating problems of i7 8700k. The cooling water solutions have our back here.
Along with all this, the 4 PWM fans are changing the game by giving us the most wanted cooling satisfaction. The 38 mm radiator and the water pump add up to the performance.
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer 240 is one of the most powerful coolers. It looks cool, and besides, it works so quietly. It offers us the latest motor technology, which makes its performance top-notch. It is compatible with almost all the sockets.
The optimal heat dissipation system comes with the controllable PST function to adjust the fan speeds. The fluid dynamic bearing enhances its useful life, and it will keep on serving you for a very long time. The thermal compound also included here.
Some Last Words!
It is coming towards the end of the list of the best CPU coolers for i7 8700k. The above coolers are of the best quality and well tested. I7 8700k is the best processor, but it runs very hotly. This thing can only control when you get the right cooler.
Now, getting the right cooler does not only means that it has to keep the CPU cool only, but other things also count too. And that is the reason I mentioned every feature of the Coolers.
For your ease, I have mentioned the Air cooler and Liquid cooler separately. So that you can get to know which one do you need to buy, the best thing about all the coolers above is that they are not only great for i7 8700k, but people with other Processors can use them as well, and they will be satisfied equally.
All the above coolers will never compromise on the performance. Budget is the problem in most cases, so choose the one that does not let you break the banks. But keep in mind another thing too, that is, always choose the one that will allow better performance even when you decide to overclock your CPU.
The rest is your choice. Have you selected the right cooler you need? Is it the air cooler or the liquid one? Let me know in the comments. Till then, have a great day and Happy Buying!
Also, don’t miss this great offer on Amazon:
- Custom colors: With a sturdy MasterFan 120 Air Balance RGB, MasterAir MA410P is ready for more than 16. 7 million color options and Fun effects to...
- Continuous Direct Contact Technology 2. 0 (CDC 2. 0) by compressing heat pipes together, there is 45 percent more surface area on the cooler base
- Precise combination of air flow and heatsink: The patented x vents and air guide steer extra ventilation to the hottest spots
- Snap and play: Intuitive fan bracket design makes upgrading and removing the fan a breeze
- Cpu socket support: Intel LGA2066, LGA2011 v3, LGA2011, LGA1151, LGA1150, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1366, AMD AM4, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2, FM2+, FM2, FM1
- Well-balanced cooling performance provides fin optimizations with perfect balance between high and low speed operations
- Wide-range PWM fan with unique wave-shaped blade design for excellent airflow
- CPU Socket: LGA2066, LGA2011-v3, LGA2011, LGA1366, LGA1200, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1151, LGA1150, AM4, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2, FM2+, FM2, FM1
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 120 x 80 x 159 mm / 4.7 x 3.1 x 6.3 inch ; Heat Sink Dimensions (L x W x H): 116 x 51 x 159 mm / 4.6 x 2.0 x 6.3 inch; Fan...
- Heat Sink Material: Aluminum Fins, 4 Direct Contact Heat Pipe ; Heat Sink Weight: 465g / 1.03lb: Heat Pipe Dimensions: Ø6mm
- Supports Intel Socket 130W LGA20XX/LGA1366/LGA115X/LGA775 and AMD Socket 125W AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2/FM2+/FM2/FM1
- 120x120x25mm PWM fan with blue LED
- 4 sintered powder heatpipes directly touch the CPU surface
- Extra fan clips provided allow adding a second fan
- Can be easily installed without moving the motherboard
- 【Single Tower Dual Silent Fan Setting】Two full function 120mm 5V 3Pin addressable RGB, 12V 4Pin PWM fans adopt silentPro blades design with Corona...
- 【E-sports Plexiglass Definable RGB LED Top Guard】Plexiglass definable RGB LED top guard, syncs with FRGB addressable version, protects heat pipes...
- 【High Efficiency Closed Air Duct Enclosure Design】GI-D66A HALO FRGB cpu cooler with close air channel design, prevents air from overflowing. The...
- 【6 Heat Pipes Direct Touch and Super Heat Dissipation·230W TDP】6 pcs 6mm nickel plating copper powder heat pipes U type for fast thermal...
- 【Universal Metal EasySET Pro Bracket】Compatible with Intel LGA2066 / 2011 / 1150 / 1151 / 1155 / 1156 / 775 / 1366 and AMD AM4 / FM2+ / FM2 / FM1...
- 3rd Generation Dual Chamber Pump for overall cooling efficiency and performance
- New SickleFlow Refreshed exterior design for improved lighting and fan blades for a quiet airflow performance
- RGB Lighting Signature cooling performance with an RGB design for all of the users wanting lighting effects that are fully customizable
- Industrial Grade Seal High Industrial Grade EPDM material to strengthen the seal for improved longevity and Anti-Leaking
- AMD AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2/FM2+/FM2/FM1
- Intel Socket 1156 Aluminum Heat Sink and Fan General Features: Aluminum heat sink
- 3.5-inch (90 mm) fan DC 12V, 0.17A Supports Intel Core i3 Socket 1156 processors up to 3.06 GHz
- 4-pin power connector (12-inch length, approximate) Regulatory Approvals: UL CE
- 【PWM Fan for Intelligent Speed Control】Full function 120mm 12V 4Pin PWM fan silentpro blades design with Corona LED frame and shockproof rubber...
- 【Anti-oxidation Protective Layer】Anti-oxidation protective layer surface treatment helps prevent corrosion and protect heat pipes. The cpu cooler...
- 【6 Heat Pipes Direct Touch and Super Heat Dissipation·240W TDP】6 pcs 6mm nickel plating copper powder heat pipes U type for fast thermal...
- 【Highly Efficient Heat Dissipation of Aluminum Heatsink】The aluminum heat sink material with excellent corrosion resistance and lightweight, thus...
- 【Wide Compatibility】 Compatible with Intel / AMD TDP 240W CPU. LGA775 / LGA1155 / LGA1150 / LGA1156 / LGA1151 / LGA115x. Slots 754/939/940 / AM2...
- Support 5V RGB sync enabled motherboards: - Sync with 5V RGB enabled motherboards from as US, ASROCK Gigabyte and MSI to customize lighting effect
- Build-in ARGB LED: - 15 High lumen addressable LEDs with 16 8 million colors
- High volume airflow Design: - 9 High air-flow Blade generate a large volume of air passing through the aluminum heatsink for steady air flow and...
- Reliable hydraulic Bearing: - self-lubricated Bearing and friction-reduced substance lowers operation noise and enhance thermal efficiency
- Universal Intel, AMD Socket: - hassle-free installation with all-in-one back plate to be compatible with all latest Intel and AMD CPU Sockets
- Support Intel LGA 1200/1156/1155/1150/1151
- Low Profile Design. Air flow - 31.343 CFM. Noise level - 21.3 decibels
- Optimized for low power CPU's
- 7-Bladed Low Noise Fan
- Quick and Easy Installation