Creative jobs demand a good and reliable software package. Adobe Creative Cloud contains a collection of applications and services for photography, design, video editing and more. Many creators prefer to do their jobs on laptops. If you are using Creative Cloud, you should get a laptop that will cover all your needs.
Here are some of the best laptops for Adobe Creative Cloud.
Best Picks for 2022
1. Lenovo IdeaPad 3
This is one of the best choices for beginners, considering the lower-end budget and performance value. Lenovo IdeaPad 3 comes with a four-core, eight-thread AMD Ryzen 5 3500 U, 2.1 base clock, and 3.7 turbo clock. A pretty decent processor for most of the tasks is followed by eight gigs of RAM.
Considering most software requirements, you should be able to go lower, but it is not recommended. Performances of this laptop provide you enough for multitasking without worrying about bottlenecking.
For a budget laptop, you get a fantastic build quality, a great trackpad, and a pleasant keyboard for long typing. Display quality is not something you should expect from this laptop if you do something like photo editing.
Overall this is a great laptop for students and consumers who don’t need a high-end performance.
2. HP Omen 15
You want a laptop to run Premiere Pro and After Effect?
HP Omen 15 provides more than enough performance. AMD Ryzen 7 paired with GTX 1660 get you amazing results for every task. The refresh rate on the base model is 60Hz, but it is possible to go for 120Hz or above. A high refresh rate will improve your screen quality which is why a lot of gamers have this laptop.
Durability is improved since the top cover is made of aluminum. Also, the trackpad and the keyboard are outstanding, soft-touch, quiet and good touch sensitivity.
This AMD model has proved to be far better than the Intel ones since it gives you a lot more performance. The airflow is also better, making this laptop a lot cooler than most of the laptops with similar configurations.
Altogether this is a well-rounded laptop and you should consider buying it.
3. Acer Predator Helios 300
Here we have one of the best mid-range budget laptops. What makes this laptop special is that even under an extreme profile with the RTX 2060 being overlocked, there is no overheat.
Acer Predator Helios 300 also comes with an Intel i7 10750 H accompanied by 16 gigs of ram, so you won’t feel any glitches or bottlenecking.
The display attracts many creators, with good color accuracy and refresh rate of 144Hz with an option to get even 240 Hz.
Aside from the same keyboard design, Acer now added silver fins on the back of the laptop. The barrel connection is directly placed on the back, which is more convenient for most users.
One noticeable thing is a bit shorter battery life, which can be a factor if you need to do a lot of intensive work without charging. That said, this is a great laptop and if you need high performance but you can’t afford a high-end laptop, this might be the perfect one for you.
4. Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
Is video editing taking too much time?
Considering the price range Asus Zephyrus G14 has one of the best rendering times within Premiere Pro. This laptop is so fast because it comes with AMD Ryzen 9 with eight cores and sixteen threads, allowing you to multitask without performance drops. If you get the one with the RTX 2060, 16 gigs of ram, it will save you a lot of time.
The refresh rate of 120 Hz is something that only a few laptops have with the 14-inch screen and under. Although a higher refresh rate on this model is usually preferred for games, it certainly makes your display a lot smoother.
Keyboard keys are spaced well, responsive, and you also get a fingerprint sensor that can be used to log in. The trackpad is standard, so it is accurate and easy to control.
This model is known for very powerful fans that keep the components from overheating even in turbo mode.
Definitely worth buying for demanding tasks like 4k video editing or rendering.
5. MSI CREATOR 15
For those looking to get a high-end laptop with no price limit, this is the absolute winner.
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, whatever you need, this laptop is the perfect solution. Being among the highest on the benchmarks proves how powerful it is. With RTX 2080 Super Max-Q and Intel i7 10875 H, you won’t feel that you need any more performance.
An amazing 4k 15.6 inches display is a dream of every creator. An aluminum design with plastic bezels surrounding the screen provides you a very durable product.
MSI CREATOR 15 has excellent ventilation on the keyboard deck, behind the keyboard deck, bottom cover and side panels. Also, the keyboard and trackpad are some of the best you can get.
If you are doing a lot of 4k editing, this laptop is the perfect option. It is possible to do 6k or even higher, but it is not recommended.
In general, this is a premium laptop for a premium price.
Buyer’s Guide While Buying Laptop for Adobe Creative Cloud in 2022
Before you decide on a specific product, it is highly recommended that you know which specification your job requires. For every software, there is the benchmark value for a particular configuration. Usually, it is best to find the balance.
If you buy a laptop with performance higher than your needs, that means you could have saved a lot of money. On the contrary, trying to save too much money will result in bad performance. When you don’t have the required hardware, your laptop will throttle.
Throttling means your GPU or CPU will be downclocked to prevent overheat. Chose carefully and it will pay out for sure.
Some might think that bigger is usually better, but there are some downsides to consider. First, a bigger display with a high resolution means you will have a lot more power consumption. If you plan to spend a lot of time on your laptop, this is a huge factor.
Also, you should know that in some cases, the display size is tied to the laptop size. Huge laptops can weigh a lot. If you work from home, that might not be a huge factor, but it might be if you are on the move a lot. The designer job is a lot easier with a few more inches, but in the end, it is a personal preference. Altogether display size is not something you should ignore.
The quality of the product is something every user wants, be that user creator or not. For creators and designers, the quality of the keyboard and trackpad is essential. When you don’t use a mouse, you will be using a trackpad a lot. In that case, you need a reliable, accurate and smooth trackpad.
Same for the keyboard. Every modern software has a list of keyboard shortcuts, often used to save time. Still, you should always try to get an aluminum design instead of plastic. Laptop components are very sensitive and fragile, so you want to avoid any damage caused by a fall or something similar.
Good build quality does not mean that your laptop is undamageable, but it means that your components are a lot safer.
During a high-performance task or overclocking your components, good ventilation is something that you must have. Under stress, the temperature of your components is rising. If the temperature gets too high, you will experience throttling or even shut down. This is the built-in mechanism that prevents permanent damage to your GPU or CPU.
In the beginning, you will feel that your laptop is underperforming and it is usually due to bad ventilation. To avoid these problems try to buy a laptop with decent ventilation. Even if you want to upgrade your laptop, it is possible to purchase an additional part that goes below your laptop. Anycase these problems will occur especially on summer days, so you need to be prepared.
This article is meant to serve as a starting point for every creator. Using Adobe Creative Cloud creates a need for a reliable, high-quality and high-performance laptop.
Summarised information within this article will help you choose a good laptop for your job. Even after extensive research, it is impossible to find the perfect laptop for every job. In the end, a laptop is just a device and if you want, you can always get a new one.
What should I do if my laptop freezes during rendering?
Rendering requires a lot of performance, so your components are under a heavy load. The common thing is to check if the temperatures are not too high. High temperature equals throttling, which means you need to upgrade your ventilation.
For example, in other cases, your CPU might be a little bit weaker than your software demands. Then you need to upgrade your CPU or any other component that’s underperforming. Sometimes even your software gets defective, which can be solved by a simple reinstall.
Why is the color on my laptop blurry?
Sometimes the colors on your laptop are not properly configured by the manufacturer. No worries, the configuration of colors is quite simple. There are a lot of tutorials you can find. If you are doing a lot of design, you should check the digital vibrance of your GPU.
It is also simple to find and it is a personal preference for every user. Finding the perfect value will make every color seem more visible and clean. The important thing to mention is the color-blind mode. This mode is available on most modern laptops. It is not uncommon for some people to be difficult to clearly see a specific color. The color-blind mode will solve that kind of problem.
Why are my work files missing from my laptop?
Your files are missing, most likely due to a virus on your laptop. Try to get a legitimate antivirus, so you can prevent further loss of files. Purchasing antivirus is not the only thing you can do and rely on. Also, it is recommended that you avoid untrusted websites, maybe even get a VPN. Even if you do all that, it would be a lot safer to store a copy of your work files.
Check out these laptops also:
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
- System Ram Type: Ddr Sdram
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 features 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G7 Quad-Core processor, 15" 2496 x 1664 PixelSense Touchscreen Display
- 128GB Solid State Drive, 8GB RAM
- Clean, elegant design thin and light, starting at just 2.76 pounds, Surface Laptop 2 fits easily in your bag, Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 620
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi: 802.11ac Wireless LAN, Surface Pen NOT Included
- USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort, SD Card Slot., Windows 10 Pro
- Intel Celeron processor N4000, Ultra-low-voltage platform. Dual-core, two-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go.
- 4GB RAM, Plenty of high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games as well as multiple programs. 32GB eMMC flash memory, This ultracompact memory system...
- 15.6” HD ComfyView Display, 1366 x 768 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity, Anti-glare Energy-efficient LED screen.
- [Ports] 2x USB 3.1 Type-C, 2x USB 3.0 Type A, 1x Headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack, 1x Memory Card Reader. Wireless-AC + Bluetooth
- Chrome OS included. 3-Cell Lithium Ion Battery, Up to 12.50 hours. 14.4" x 9.9" x 0.8", 4.19 lbs. bundled with TiTac 32GB Card, Brand Register on...
- ALWAYS ON THE GO - Take this light and durable HP Chromebook with you anywhere. It travels well and has a long battery life, so you can stay connected...
- MADE FOR WHAT YOU DO - Switch between gaming, connecting with friends, and getting your schoolwork done. The powerful MediaTek mobile processor,...
- THE GOOGLE EXPERIENCE - Enjoy the seamless simplicity that comes with Google Chrome and Android apps, all integrated into one laptop. It’s fast,...
- EFFICIENT OPTICS - Never sacrifice graphics for battery life again. The MediaTek Integrated Graphics card has Octa-core CPU and GPU graphics...
- HIGH DEFINITION, HIGH QUALITY - With an anti-glare, high-definition, 11.6-inch touch display, you can stream movies and shows beautifully, with added...
- 💻【Powerful Core】This laptop computer comes with a powerful and efficient Intel Gemini Lake N4020 processor, with a fundamental frequency of...
- 🔌【7 Ports Meet Daily Needs】This 14 inch windows laptop is Equipped with high-speed m.2, 1 x USB 3.0 + 1 x USB2.0, fast charging DC port, 3.5mm...
- 📶【Work Smart and Efficiently】CHUWI HeroBook Pro laptop computer have 6GB RAM, and 128 GB SSD storage. Up to 128GB TF expansion and a separate...
- ⭐【Every Day is an Earth Day】This lightweight windows laptop weighs only 3.06lb (1.39kg) and is as slim as 0.84 inches (2.13cm). It has a...
- 😊【One year Quality Guarantee】Free maintenance within one year after purchase, free return and exchange within three months. CHUWI strives to...
- Efficient Intel Celeron N4000 Processor (4M Cache, up to 2.6 GHz)
- 11.6” HD (1366 x 768) Display with HD webcam
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- 64GB emmC Flash Storage and 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Windows 10 in S mode (upgradeable to Windows 10 Home)
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- High performance laptop: The Chromebook S330 is equipped with a MediaTek MTK8173C Processor, Chrome OS, 4 GB LPDDR3, 64 GB eMMC 5.1 and so much more
- Sleek and stylish design: Sleek, stylish and secure, the Lenovo Chromebook S330 is less than one inch thin and 3.3 pounds light with a 14-inch FHD...
- Powerful processing: Perfect for all your daily computing needs, The Lenovo Chromebook S330 delivers a host of performance features. Enjoy powerful...
- Built to connect us: Full I/O support comes standard on the laptop computer with USB-C, micro SD and USB 3.0 for effortless connectivity. Further,...
- Lightweight and Portable: Possessing a 14.1" Display, the Hyundai Thinnote is built with quality and precision. It’s sleek, lightweight and portable...
- Expandable Storage: Increase your storage space with its built-in 2.5" SATA HDD Slot. Equipped with 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage, increase the...
- Dual Band WiFi: Stay completely connected and perfectly productive. Easily connect to reliable WiFi connection for enhanced streaming, downloads and...
- Windows 10 Home S Mode: Pre-Installed with Microsoft Windows 10 Home S Mode, the most secure Windows ever built, experience fast boot times and added...