Illustrator is slowest among Adobe’s other products and creative cloud, let’s take a closer look at it, why is this so? Official forums are here to get more info. They usually shout out to the sloughy, slow and outdated code of Adobe Illustrator.
This is why because the software is demanding and needs high capacity storage and fast processing with a good display. Do not buy a laptop unless you meet the following minimum requirements of Adobe Illustrator for optimal performance.
If you need a speedy workflow, you can also add more to resources for healthy outcomes because apparently nobody wants an unresponsive laptop.
Before getting into the details of laptops, the critical aspect should keep in view before getting a computer for Adobe Illustrator.
Requirement For Best Laptops For Adobe Illustrator:
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV OR AMD Athlon 64
- Operating System: Win XP with Service Pack 3, Win-7 with Service Pack4
- RAM: 1GB for 32 bit, 2 GB for 64 bit
- Storage: Minimum 2GB space is required to install Adobe Illustrator
- Display: 1024 x 768
- Video Card: 16 bit
Budget: The initial thing before getting into the properties of the laptop for Adobe Illustrator is setting the right budget. It is recommended to have at least $1000 – $3000 to meet minimum requirements and optimal performance. Within this price range, it is easy to have a good laptop with high specifications.
Processing Speed: A minimum of Intel Pentium-IV or AMD Athlon 64 is needed to run Adobe Illustrator. Don’t go for Pentium or less if you have a small budget, or else you’ll face slow performance problems for sure.
Storage: A minimum of 4GB required for Adobe Illustrator, but you can choose 8 GB if you have a higher budget. Less than 4GB would cause issues while doing multitasking. Most processors would tell that 4GB is the minimum requirement.
Display: Adobe itself lists the graphics cards. It can either be an integrated or dedicated graphics card. The minimum requirement for Adobe Illustrator is Intel HD Graphics 4600 series. For dedicated cards both Nvidia and AMD versions are valid.
The recommended display for Adobe is 1024 x 768 would be better for good visual display in terms of graphics designing. These numbers refer to the screen pixel ratio.
Let’s check out the list of available options of laptops for the use of Adobe Illustrator.
1: Aspire E (E5-576G-81GD)
This laptop of Aspire E Series is an excellent choice in terms of everyday use with Adobe Illustrator, with lots of unique features and appealing visuals. It has an attractive design that exceeds the expectations of the consumer. The enhanced capability with distinct color patterns and lots of metallic finish makes your graphics and vector designing a better experience.
The laptop provides almost the best illustrator experience you need for a great laptop which is a good built, great display, fantastic performance, and good battery life.
It comes with a full HD DN panel display. It provides good colors and contrast. It looks good for the price and the resolution is another feature in comparison with other laptops at this price range. The laptop is worth buying because of its performance.
The photo editing and designing is a good experience using this laptop. Thermals are right on this machine, and most of the time it is cool n quiet. If you are looking for an affordable and multipurpose tool with a good display and specs, then there is no need to look further. Acer Aspire is the right thing best for the use of Adobe Illustrator.
2: Dell G5 (G587)
It is excellent and handy for office work because the office was going people have to deal a lot with texts, reports, tables, graphs, charts, infographics and so on.
It provides sharp and better clarity for visual representation all along the day. Designers who work with the spectrum of color all day and need a high proficiency system, which should have sufficient computing power and a stable thermal unit. It is a versatile and in-budget solutions.
The Dell G5 is one of the best gaming laptops with stunning visuals for graphics and gaming. It has an 8th Generation Quad and Hex core processing unit which makes it super-fast and reliable for heavy computing. It is a power-packed laptop with lots of adventure-ready features. The power pack has an IPS anti-glare FHD display.
This G series was launched to limit the gap between gaming laptops of industry and Dell. Nvidia has brought more power to the designated gaming laptops. It boosts gaming performance on its highest settings with a discrete graphics card. It is one of the top pickers for both designers and gamers.
It has a 15.6” more extensive display for a better visual experience. It came up with all its bells and whistles. An IPS display monitor with a sharp resolution of 1920 x 1080.
You’ll never be complaining about not finding a bang for a buck at this price.
The bottom line is it combines the same top-notch design different components and cutting edge processing speed and plenty of accessories required for a gaming laptop.
If you’re on a budget and need an extensive and high-power machine, then Dell G5 is the best choice. It can easily handle multiprocessing tasks and also it’s tough to beat. It’s quite an easy choice to make for mid-range gaming laptops and a good graphic designing experience.
It has an unparalleled viewing experience with every pixel on the screen and a stunning level of clarity with the color richness of a machine. It equipped with the anti-glare panel for good visual experiences.
Due to high processing units with GPUs makes it capable of giving a clutter-free experience. It supports a single 5k display and outputs the dual 4k.
The best thing about this device is it stays cool while running multiple environments. It has large cooling vents which are good support for its processing units. These vents allow the system to give a proficient performance.
To ensure your machine never buckles under the load for high-end graphics and illustrators files by staying calm and quiet.
Everybody deserves a graphically and visually good display.
3: ASUS VivoBook Pro
In this model, the battery cannot remove. It is quite a sleek and slim device which makes it handy for the user. This stylish but buggy laptop usually targets the mainstream consumer. This VivoBook has both full HD and 4K display screen simultaneously. It is fully equipped with 1080 pixels quite a correct ratio for any Adobe Illustrator user.
The notebook has a fingerprint scanner to ensure its security.
The Asus device has Innolux panel sourced from Chi Mei. The 1080p panel based on TN technology. It mostly a viable choice because the rivals are using IPS display but for graphic designers, it provides proper graphical measurements. The luminance panel is matte and has 224 nits. The distribution brightness panel can become better, and it’s 85% which is an ok measure. The Asus VivoBook combines both hardware and software for crusty visuals.
It has a thin, lightweight construction with excellent durability. It is a high-performing machine for better productivity as a high-end designer for both static visuals and games with 3D animation. It equipped with an FHD display that provides lifelike channels of visualization.
Its processor outperforms on the peak of its abilities. This ensures effortless multitasking with class-leading data access capacity and storage. Its graphics card delivers outclass visualization experience.
Asus VivoBook has dual vents with adjustable speed controls. It delivers maximum cooling efficiency with low noise levels. It has a bright view of the display.
4: MacBook Pr (BEST MAC FOR ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR)
It has a display of context-sensitive buttons with a 2170 x 60 resolution screen. It has grown compatibility with Apple products. Its keyboard has a butterfly switch. This keyboard is less noisy in practice. This MacBook has Apple’s True Tone display with a pixel density of 220ppi. It senses ambient light and adjusts the display accordingly.
A graphic designer does n’ worry about this auto-detection feature; you can manually change this feature with on/off state.MacBook Pro is quite famous in its design perspectives. Apple has its MacBook signature design with a sleek look and impression which lasts longer than ever. The touch bar featured to give a customized experience with a good retina display.
It has a striking and desirable design. Its Thunderbolt 3 offers the highest data transfer rate with compatible devices. For connecting the legacy hardware, you’ll be needing an adapter.
It is a professional notebook highly appealing to consumers.
MacBook Pro integrated all the fundamental attributes and features to form a portable device. It gives an uncompromising performance with an entirely new design. The volume of the product has reduced dramatically.
This results in a new, powerful and creative tool with better visualization and graphics.
It has the best retina display ever put within the notebook. This device has a precisely designed spectrum which projects through a metal oxide. It gives a remarkably bright and high contrast picture with the full glass color palette.
The larger forced touchpad provides an extension for the whole new range of gestures. The keyboard designed is refined and continued to provide a more efficient solution. The keyboard has become responsive better than earlier.
A new way to interact with the notebook is devised with a multi-touch bar to provide a more intuitive and meaningful experience. It allows for a more immediate connection to the content. Command has become visible and came right through to the fingertips. These are easily accessible and customizable. The outreach of application with the most relevant controls is designed and displayed on fingers and dynamically allows us to work with efficiency.
It is the very first model of Mac with a touch ID. It is a seamless interpretation of software and hardware is unique to Apple.
The speakers are completely redesigned to maximize the air displacement and also project high fidelity and gives a room-filling sound.
Its processor integrated with high-speed system memory, and storage technology makes every processing faster and much more responsive.
In this MacBook thermal management is critical.
This MacBook Pro achieves a design that optimizes both portability and performance. It marks some milestones and emulsion of design.
It is a result of a collective obsession. This MacBook is one of the best laptops for Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
5: MSI GL62M (Best Gaming Laptop For Adobe Illustrator)
It is possible because of its high-speed processing unit which gives high-end responsiveness during multitasking. It can run a high range of gaming software with a rapid response rate.GL62M is a gaming laptop. Gaming laptops are not always costly. All the time you don’t have to pay a bulk amount to have a gaming device. It is right in terms of high performance on multiple fronts like gaming or productivity.
MSI GL has a backlit design with prominent features. Although it doesn’t look the most stable in terms of looks of the company, it did feel super comfy in its touch with the black matte finish. Conventionally the backlit keys are lined red.
It is also known as the excellent budget machine. If you’re tight on the pocket, then this MSI GL is the best laptop for Adobe Illustrator.
It has a 15.6” display with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080. The display is dim, so the depth of hues hides due to lacking brightness. It has almost 198 nits in comparison with other machines.
With dim display, it has a high color gamut intensity level which is vivid than 95% entry-level gaming coverage.
7REX has in-built sound enhancement software. It has a below-average battery life of less than 3 hours.
The bottom line is that this device doesn’t have all the shenanigans of outlined performance and better visuals but still it is an excellent choice in comparison to its cost. It usually comes with full gaming software and gives solid performance and productivity.
6: Microsoft Surface Pro (Best Window Laptop for Adobe Illustrator)
Surface Pro is a good windows tablet. It is an excellent showcase of Microsoft’s capabilities. Microsoft Surface 5 doesn’t necessarily change the entire game, but this device is still in the league of competition for the best laptops for Adobe Illustrator. Its chassis had almost similar looks with formula upgrades.
If you’re a designer with a massive workflow, so the best bet is to run Microsoft Surface Pro. It no longer includes any keyboard or surface pen.
This device has a 12.3-pixel sense with a touchscreen and pixel resolution of 2736 x 1824 pixel resolution of the display of a device. Its hinges are vastly improved and allow the device to rotate at distinct angles. The hooks bend for studio mode.
It is Microsoft’s one of the fanless and formidable devices with Redone thermals inside.
The device offers uncompromising mobility with study and virtual play anywhere. It came up with an ultra-light surface pro for total mobility product with all-day battery life and ultra-portable design.
It equipped with 3D creation tools which are the best utility for Adobe Photoshop users.
This device offers you a multi-mode experience.
The entire thing which matters in this debate is not to the lineup of products listed here or through some other resource, but they question what kind of laptop needed for Adobe Illustrator users. Relatively Adobe products are not so demanding for manual use, but for Creative Cloud a specific set of the specification is required. There is a tradeoff among available features with the price range.
If anybody is willing to pay more then finding the best laptop for the digital artist is not a big deal but if any of these parameters are a bit stringent then actually tasks begin here. The initial requirements or basics of Adobe Illustrator might be different than other designing software.
For the use of Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, you can extend your system’s resources as well.
Lots of specifications with different models are listed here. If you have sufficient memory and decent GPU with a single core above 2.5 Hz and still your system is not performing well, then you must check OS configurations.
We also selected other models that are worth mentioning:
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8565u Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.6 GHz)
- 8GB 2666MHz DDR4, (8Gx1)
- 256 GB M.2 [Pie] (SSD) NA
- 14.0-Inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, LED-backlit Touch Display integrated widescreen HD 720P Webcam with dual digital Microphone array
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
- Get high performance when you need it – The Chromebook C330 boots up in seconds and features easy-to-use Chrome OS, plenty of memory and storage,...
- Sleek, stylish, and secure, this 360⁰ convertible laptop is less than 1-inch thin and about the weight of a hardback book, with an 11-inch...
- The Lenovo Chromebook C330 is easy to use, offers built-in virus protection and keeps going with long battery life. No setup needed – Just login...
- Built to connect, this notebook computer includes a variety of USB ports for effortless connectivity. Plus, stay in touch with the built-in camera....
- Users love it; "High end features for a low price," says one happy reviewer. Another adds, "This Chromebook has far exceeded my expectations. The...
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- 8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- STUDY, STREAM, SHARE: Between home, school and work, you need a PC that won't quit. Post, play and stay productive all day with the affordable and...
- KEEP YOUR PROJECTS SAFE: Experience peace of mind that comes with the most secure Windows ever built with Office, Microsoft Edge, Bing Search, Windows...
- OFFICE 365 FOR ONE YEAR: Get full access to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, and 1 TB of OneDrive Storage for one year
- PROCESSOR: Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 Processor, Dual-Core, 1.1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.6 GHz burst frequency
- DISPLAY: 11.6-inch diagonal HD AntiGlare WLED-backlit display (1366 x 768); 73% screen to body ratio
- High performance laptop: The Chromebook S330 is equipped with a MediaTek MTK8173C Processor, Chrome OS, 4 GB LPDDR3, 64 GB eMMC 5.1 and so much more
- Sleek & stylish design: Sleek, stylish and secure, the Lenovo Chromebook S330 is less than one inch thin and 3.3 pounds light with a 14-inch FHD...
- Powerful processing: Perfect for all your daily computing needs, The Lenovo Chromebook S330 delivers a host of performance features. Enjoy powerful...
- Built to connect us: Full I/O support comes standard on the laptop computer with USB-C, micro SD and USB 3.0 for effortless connectivity. Further,...
- Easy to use: The Lenovo Chromebook S330 is easy to use, Offers built-in virus protection and keeps going with long battery life. Further, no setup is...
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (up to 3.60 GHz)
- 15.6 in Full HD IPS touchscreen (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support
- 512GB PCIe SSD
- 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz, Backlit Keyboard
- Wifi AX, Bluetooth, Windows 10, Intel UHD Graphics
- 13.3-Inch FHD Display
- Intel 5th Gen Core M-5Y10 0.8GHz Processor
- 256 GB Solid State Drive. 8 GB RAM
- Equipped with dual-band WiFi 802.11N, Bluetooth 4.0
- Designed to be ultra-slim with an all-aluminum body