In a world that is progressing day by day, there is a great need for smart gadgets. When I was in college, getting myself a smartphone, I wanted to go for something that would fulfill my camera needs as well. Such is the nature of every person in the 21st century. They look for handy convertibles or things that can multifunction.
There is a growing need for 2-in-1 laptops for students. Some students like to sit on their study-table and study, while some can work better in their comfort positions where a laptop doesn’t fit in. Owing to both the needs, we have 2-in-1 laptops that can be used as tablets as well.
I am the kind of person who likes to study in a comfortable environment. Sitting straight for a PC or laptop is not my thing, which is why I use a tablet or pad for my notes and stuff. It’s the need of the hour, I know, which is why I have formulated this list of Best 2-in-1 laptops for college students after thorough research, of course.
Top Picks for 2021
Before digging into the article, you must know what are the features most essential for a 2-in-1 laptop for college students. It includes a good processor, high RAM, good battery life, portable & handy design, enough internal space, and a 360 degrees hinge.
Now let’s dig in!
P.S if you’re not up for the detailed overview, then jump into my Buyer’s Guide.
1. Lenovo Flex 5 14″ 2-in-1 Laptop
Ladies and lads, the first item on my list of Best 2-in-1 laptops for college students is Lenovo Flex 5. It has 16 GB RAM which is more than enough for college-related work. With a 14-inch Display and 1920 x 1080 resolutions, the watching experience of lectures can be pleasing.
It has a slim and compact design with a well-proportioned keypad. Its Grey color is pleasing to the eyes. Because of its size and weight, it can easily be carried around by college students to their classrooms.
The pen works with it in a compatible manner which means it can be used by college students to take notes easily during lectures. Also, it can work best for art students who are interested in digital art.
With its 360⁰ hinge, you can use it as per your need. It can be used in a stand, tent, tablet, and the conventional laptop mode. I know, that’s crazily good. So, if you happen to be a binge-watcher like me, you can use it with ease in your bed or couch. Or, if you like to sit back and watch stuff, you can easily manage it on a table or hard surface with its stand or tent mode. Switching from one mode to another is faster than ever.
It has 10 hours of battery life which means you can use it for long intervals while studying without any hindrance. 256 GB internal memory gives you a lot of room for saving college lectures with ease.
Mind you, it’s not for heavy work or heavy software because then it’ll cause heating issues and I’m sure you won’t like the loud fan and it’s buzzing while work.
- 16 GB RAM
- 14-inch Display Screen
- 3.64 pounds weight
- Windows 10
- 1920 x 1080 resolutions
- 10 hours of battery life
- 256 GB internal memory
2. HP Envy x360-15.6
The second item on my list of 2-in-1 laptops for college students is a product of HP called HP Envy x360-15.6. it’s a well-known and high-end brand.
It has a stunningly beautiful body that feels great in hands. The silver color looks really posh and attractive to the eyes. It’s sleek, portable, and easy to use.
With 16 GB RAM and a 10th Generation Intel Core i7 processor, it works admirably fast and can satisfy the needs of a student very well.
It can be used in tent, stand, and desktop mode because of the 360-degree hinge, which means you’re THE BOSS!!
The usual office apps run smoothly on it. Browsing and surfing, editing and watching videos, etc can be easily done. The only con you might want to know is the low internal space but it has got you covered there as well with 512 GB SSD.
- 16GB RAM
- 15.6-inch screen
- Windows 10 Home
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7 processor
- 12 GB Internal Memory
- 512 GB Solid State Drive
- Touch Display
- Fingerprint Detector
- Back-lit Keyboard
- 0.55 lbs weight
3. Microsoft Surface Pro 6
The third item on my list is my personal favorite Microsoft Surface Pro 6.
It has an 8th generation Intel Core Processor which makes it very speedy and efficient. It has a 12.3-inch touch-screen display which is suitable for college studies. With its 2736×1824 resolutions, the video lecture experience levels up.
It has a sleek, portable, and trendy design. It has a 5.0 MP front & 8.0 MP rare camera so you can easily take clear pictures of the notes you need from a friend. Watch a quick overview of Microsoft Surface Pro:
It also falls best into the category because its battery can last for a whole day, which means long-term studies without any charging hindrance. Amazingly enough, it can put up with 13.5 hours of video playback. You’ll be able to watch as many video lectures as you want.
It comes with Windows 10 Home installed which will work best for you.
As a drawback, it has a minor heat issue and lacks a type-C port.
- 8th Generation Intel Core Processor
- 12.3 inch Touch Screen
- 2736 x 1824 Resolutions
- 0.5 MP front & 0.8 MP rare Camera
- 24 hours battery
4. ASUS Chromebook Flip C434
If you are the kind of person who likes to stay focused during studies and look for no other additional entertainment meanwhile, then ASUS Chromebook Flip C434 is for you. It will fulfill your academic requirements and will offer no distractions, hence you can study for long hours without any breakage of the flow.
You must be thinking how is that possible? Well, it only has got Chrome. That’s where you’ll just browse and study. There are no additional entertainment factors in this system. You can go for online streaming at YouTube and Netflix etc, but that’s just it. I know your nerd soul wants to get this!
It takes less time to boot up and an internet connection is required to start it.
It is very simple to use with 32 GB internal memory and 100 GB Cloud Storage. It offers 2 million apps that you can choose to operate from.
Moreover, its battery lasts for 12 hours. There is a very low consumption of power by the chip that’s used in it. Which sounds perfect!
With a great screen to body ratio, this model with a slim and elegant design might be your next choice. It’s lightweight and easy to carry, which means you can easily take it back and forth to classrooms.
One drawback is that it’s not fully compatible with Microsoft. Its apps must be individually downloaded.
- 8 GB RAM
- 14-inch Touchscreen Display
- 64GB Internal Storage Chip
- Backlit Keyboard
- Chrome Operating System
- Full HD 1920×1080 resolutions
- 360 degrees hinge
- Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor
5. Samsung Chromebook Plus V2
The fifth item on my list is by an amazing brand called Samsung. It is known for its quality and best user experience. Having such a branded product at such a low and reasonable price is wonderful, especially for students who can’t afford to spend a lot on luxuries.
It has a 12.2-inch screen and 4 GB RAM. However, the best thing about this Chromebook is its revolutionary 13 MP camera. You can take adequate photos with it. The lecture grabbing becomes really easy with such a good camera. You can also record lectures with it.
Just like ASUS Chromebook Flip C434, it operates on Chrome and offers no distractions to students. It can be a reliable tool for long and hard studies.
In looks, I feel like it resembles a Macbook- having the same tones in the body and keypad. Though it’s thick and heavy.
It’s suitable for studies but make sure you don’t expect much from it, such as running heavy software and stuff. It might disappoint you there, so think well and analyze your priorities before you purchase it.
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB Emmc
- 13 Mega Pixel Camera
- Chrome OS
- 12.2-inch screen
- 3 lbs in weight
6. Dell Inspiron 14 5400
Another item in my bucket is Dell Inspiron 14 5400, which can be used with a digital pen, hence making your academic journey easy and more effective.
With a 10th Generation Intel Core i7 processor and 12 GB RAM, it works decently fast, making your video lectures run smoothly. Also, it works well with other academic software making sure it doesn’t lag.
As usual for the 2-in-1s, it can be used as per your need. Also, it has a good screen to body ratio which means good streaming experience.
Turning it on is easy with its fingerprint reader. Also, the laptop starts as you open it because of the Lid Sensor, which means it will not consume much of your time when the lecture starts.
Some of the cons are that minor technical issues have been recorded and that it’s a bit pricy for regular students who can’t afford expensive gadgets.
- 14 Inch FHD Touchscreen
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor
- 12 GB RAM
- 1920 x 1080 resolutions
- 512 GB Solid State Drive
- Windows 10 Home
- Color: Titan Grey
- Backlit Keyboard
- Fingerprint Reader
7. Acer Spin 5 Convertible Laptop
Last in the list of Best 2-in-1 laptops for college students is Acer Spin 5 Convertible Laptop. It has a 13.5-inch Touch Display, 10th Generation Intel Core i7 processor, Windows 10 Home OS, 16 GB RAM, and a Fingerprint Reader.
It comes in a grey tone and the same sleek, slim and compact design as the others. It can be used in all modes- tent, tablet, desktop etcetera. It is metallic in nature and has a really nice touch to it. As opposed to cheap plastic, this one feels more strong and sturdier with 2.65 lbs of weight.
In terms of performance, it’s really impressive. It’s fast and speedy. You can boot it off and on instantly which makes it easy for classroom use, lecture after lecture. So, if you’re looking for something which performs this fast, then go for it. Also, it’s long-lasting battery can help you with prolonged hours of study.
It comes with a pen so you can easily scribble down your lecture notes. It will completely replace the pen and paper in your academic life, saving you lots and lots of money. Cheers! It can also be a great choice for future graphic designers and artists.
This laptop is a bit hard to open because of the magnets used, and also, the touchpad is hard to click with. So, if you’re not affected or disturbed by these cons, you are good to go for this item!
- 13.5-inch Touch Display
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7
- Windows 10 Home OS
- 16 GB RAM
- Fingerprint Reader
- 2.65 lbs weight
- Up to 15 Hours Battery Life
Read Also: Best Laptops for Teachers in 2021
How to Choose the Best 2-in-1 Laptop for College Students – Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
Welcome to my buyer’s guide folks!
Based on all the required features, the two items that I would personally recommend are Lenovo Flex 5 and HP Envy x360. Both are high-end products with high-quality features. The only difference is in the price. If you can afford to spend a lot of money then you can go for HP but if you want to be considerate about your spendings, then Lenovo is the one for you. It’s the BEST with a price that falls between the two extremes of this whole list.
Both of them are light-weight and easy to carry for students. Also, both of them have a 360-degree hinge, making it easy for you to use it as per your ease. The digital pen that comes with it replaces the pen and paper completely and save you a lot of money. Before you go, check out these models available on today’s market:
- Processor Manufacturer: Intel
- Processor Type: Core i5
- Processor Generation: 8th Gen
- Processor Model: i5-8265U
- Processor Speed: 1.60 GHz
- ✨【Amazing viewer experience】9th generation HD Graphics with 11.6 inch IPS and HD Camera bring your photo and video to life
- 🎉【Large storage】6GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB ROM, Provides room to smoothly run your games，store pictures, videos, music and more.
- 👍【Light and thin】aerospace-grade aluminium alloy body that can stand up to anything, a super thin diameter at 8mm, weighs next to 2.3 lbs
- 🎁【Special design】360 Degree Rotation to Meet Different Using Mode，Unique design, easy to use, and make your laptop more outstanding
- 💖【12 Months Warranty】Jumper is committed to Notebooks, Laptops and Tablets research and production More than 20 years.We have the upmost...
- Most powerful Surface laptop yet, with quad-core powered, 10th Gen Intel Core processors. More than 50% faster than Surface Book 2 13.5”.
- Power when you need it. Up to 15.5 hours battery life  — plus improved standby that extends battery life when you’re away.
- The connections you need, including USB-A, USB-C, and full-size SD card slot.
- High-resolution PixelSense touchscreen display. Also available in 15”.
- Four versatile modes: Easily convert from laptop mode to tablet, stand or tent mode for notetaking, drawing and other daily activities that feel as...
- Connect in more ways: Whether it's online chatting or professional video meetings, the solid Wi-Fi 6 connection is up to the task, and the HP wide...
- BIOS recovery and protection: Automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers...
- Display: 14.0-inch diagonal full HD, IPS, micro-edge, WLED-backlit, multi touch-enabled, edge-to-edge glass touch screen display (1920 x 1080); 80%...
- Fast processor: 10th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1, Quad-Core, 1.0 GHz base frequency, up to 3.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Innovative screen pad: 5.65-Inch interactive touchscreen trackpad that adapts to your needs for smarter control and multitasking
- App switcher on screen pad: easily move docked Windows between your main display and screen pad Display
- 13.3 inch wide-view full HD 4-way NanoEdge bezel Display
- Latest 10th generation Intel Core i7-10510u Core Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.9 GHz) with discrete graphics NVIDIA GeForce MX250
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD with 16GB RAM
- Intel 7th Gen Core i5-7300U Kaby Lake Processor (2.6 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz, 3MB cache) + Intel HD Graphics 620
- 13.3" diagonal FHD (1920x1080) BrightView LED UWVA ultraslim Touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass, Premium Collaboration Keyboard - Spill-resistant...
- 8GB RAM, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo and Near Field Communication (NFC), Touch Fingerprint Sensor for fingerprint authentication with Windows Hello
- 512GB Solid State Drive (SSD), 1 USB Type-C with Thunderbolt; 2 USB 3.1 (1 charging); 1 HDMI 1.4; 1 external micro SIM; 1 AC power connector; 1...
- Windows 10 Professional 64
- The future of the 2-in-1 13-inch 2-in-1 with a stunning HDR display, 10th Gen Intel Core processors and up to 2.5 times more performance in a thinner...
- Work or play all day: You'll experience incredibly long battery life. On our UHD+ panel, get up to 10 hours and 22 minutes using productivity apps or...
- Stays cool under pressure Experience the thermal redesign of the XPS 13 2-in-1. With separated dual fans to cover more area, new internal vapor...
- Elevated experience: The new XPS 13 2-in-1 blends together an exceptional user experience and beautiful design. The next gen MagLev keyboard is...
- Ports & Slots 1. Thunderbolt 3 with power delivery and DisplayPort (4 lanes of PCI Express Gen 3) | 2. 3.5mm headphone/microphone combo jack| 3....